Here are some of my F A V O R I T E things. Add them to your holiday wishlist or pick them up for friends or family!
I love all types of skin care products but these are my top faves! They are SO perfect for summer and will have your skin glowing from head to toe!
For the delicate skin on my face I am a little pickier than normal on trying new things. I try not to overdo it on moisturizers and find that less is sometimes more when it comes to applying them.
That's why I just love these products by No7 Makeup. They have covered every necessity for keeping your skin beautiful all summer long!
What's behind door number 1 you ask?!! Checkout this fun summer necessity kit that No7 just sent over! I have been using these products for the last few weeks and they are amazing. Check out all the details below.
- No7 Facial Hydrating Water Spray - Pack this in your beach bag and use this throughout the day to help give your skin a boost of moisture and hydration. It is light and refreshing!
- No7 Protect Perfect Intense Eye Cream - This will make your tired eyes pop and helps with fine lines and wrinkles.
- No7 Airbrush Away Pore Minimizing Primer - Can be worn alone or under your foundation. Help minimize shine and leaves skin looking picture perfect.
- No7 Quick Thinking Wipes- The heat makes my makeup smudge and these have helped with removing unwanted mascara from under my eyes and is great at the end of the day to rid the skin of any leftover makeup or sunscreen.
- No7 Protect Perfect Intense Advanced Day Cream spf-30- The sun can leave skin dry and patchy but this product will leave you looking glowy and dewy all day long!
- No7 Protect Perfect Intense Night Cream - Apply this to the face and neck at night. I have noticed it has helped my skin look healthy and nourished in the morning!
Also, for the body I am just loving these products right now. They have that perfect summer fresh scent that you'll love plus they leave your feeling soft and supple. Because we all know we are all showing off more skin these days!!
- Sun Bum Cool Down- Perfect to apply at night after being the sun all day. Has aloe to sootheskin.
- Ogx Creamy Coconut Oil Lotion- My go-to night cream. It's not too thick or greasy but is super moisturizing. You will love the feeling and scent!
- Bath & Body Works At The Beach Sand & Sea Salt Scrub- Makes you feel like you are at the beach! Use in the shower to remove excess dry skin.
- Bath & Body Works At The Beach 24 Hour Moisture- I love this lotion for everyday use. It's light and fresh and makes you smell amazing!
Spring is in the air! The dry cold winter winds have changed to moist warmer Spring showers. I love a little humidity in the air. And with that is a change in skin and hair products I need to use. Here are my picks for the best of Spring beauty care!
The scent has a lot to do with how a product makes me feel. That is why I chose vibrant spring scents like citrus and florals.
The winter air was harsh on my skin so I found this amazing Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum that I've been using every morning and night as part of my skin care routine. It is a great burst of soothing serum that calms my skin and is packed with vitamins that nourishes my skin and smooths fine lines and wrinkles. I found that I loved using this product mostly on my under eyes to help wake up my tired eyes and also on my neck and chest. I don't use this all over my face like it recommends.
I started using one of my favorite hair products, the Oribe Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray. I normally use this in Summer but with the added humanity in the air from all the Spring showers, I found that this product works just as well in Spring as it does in Summer. The scent is so amazing and I love how it adds texture and shine back into my hair after it gets limp from the rain. I don't wash my hair everyday so I use this in-between washes to liven up my look.
The Caudalie Beauty Elixir Spray is perfect to help energize my skin and adds a light fresh floral scent. I have been using this for about a year and I found that I have been using most recently to boost radiance and it helps set makeup as well as tighten and tones your pores. It is a plant based formula that helps your complexion and who doesn't need that, right?!
Also, I just love the crisp citrus scents for Spring. That is why I am just loving this lotion from Fresh. My cousin and Beaut Editor for Town & Country Magazine recently gifted this to me and I can't thank her enough! It really wakes me up in the morning and the scent is not too strong or overpowering. It smells light and fresh and the texture of the cream is perfect for the Spring. It is not too heavy and absorbs quickly. I've also been using the body wash in the shower. This also has vitamins A & C which my skin is begging for after the long winter!
I put on a pretty dress and dashed off for a nice afternoon with Jennifer Beals and a ton of other fashion savvy moms to chat about all things kids!
Being a mom doesn't always come easy. As Jennifer Beals explained, you have to have a lot of patience and I can totally relate. Raising three kids comes with a lot of bumps and bruises. Especially now that my baby is turning into a toddler (sad emoji face), I see him constantly falling as he navigates this world for the first time.
That's why I rely on products that are there for you when you need them, like Mederma. A household favorite of mine for years. I used Mederma for the first time when my oldest son, now 8, was a toddler. I remember the day well, as the aftermath is forever ingrained in my memory. He fell face first into a metal bench. The bench left a large gash below is right eye and later turned into a pretty nasty looking shiner. My motherhood duty of protecting my baby was shattered. And I had to pick up the pieces. That's when I turned to the product that would help his baby skin heel.
Mederma is best known for their scar cream. I remember rubbing the purplish colored ointment on him ritually for weeks making sure not to miss a day. His scar is not very obvious now and I do think this product helped with that.
But Mederma doesn't just have scar cream and I was lucky enough to try some of the other products. My favorite is the Advanced Dry Skin Therapy Body Wash. The harsh winter air has dried out my skin and soaps can irritate it even worse. I like the gentle cleansing this product provides.
Thanks to The Moms and the Kimberly Hotel for the yummy lunch and Jennifer Beals for sharing your motherhood stories with me. I think your daughter is pretty lucky to have such a loving and caring mother like you!
My friend, Catherine Moore, (who is currently our Featured Mom!) and I were out one day for lunch! It was amazing, we were both able to pull away from the daily grind to meet up and spend some much needed time catching up. I remember asking her to borrow chapstick or lip gloss because I'm an addict to lip moisture and I immediately fell in love her this soothing glossy balm that she let me use. The natural color was beautiful and something I would definitely wear myself but it was the nice conditioning texture that I really loved.
She started telling me about the company called Beauty Counter, where she is currently a Beauty Consultant. I love that the products are natural and what the label reads is really what is in the product. I love makeup and making it a healthy option, totally sold me!
So, now I'm an addict to the Peppermint Lip Conditioner but there are so many more products that Catherine has told me about. Here are some of her favorites... and mine too!
What kid wouldn't love these bright colored bottles. Beauty Counter even has a Kid and Baby Line. And the kids line is a must have in Catherine's house. Her son and daughter just love the yummy scents and what parent doesn't want there kids to be "Super Duper Clean"... and I right?!!
The line also features tons of amazing serums and a whole line of makeup from lipsticks to foundations to eye shadows. There's something for everyone on your list this year. Check out Catherine's site for all the details.
Looking for a job where you could work from home and manage to get the kids to all their after school activities? Well, this could be a great opportunity for you to join their team. Email Catherine for more detail on becoming a consultant yourself. She'd be happy to answer any questions! Click on her picture (top left) and you can email her directly.
Dyson has officially come out with a hair dryer! Why not, right? They are experts at creating amazingly lightweight and technologically advanced vacuums so I guess it seems logical to veer off into hair care?!!
Well, my friend and professional hair stylist, Maddison Cave, has filled me in on this amazing product!
It's called the Supersonic Hair Dryer and it's not only cute and stylish looking but it also is one of the smartest hairdryers ever created. It has won the Best of Beauty Award by Allure The Beauty Expert for 2016. It is super lightweight, has 3 heat settings and the attachments are all magnetic so they don't go flying off while you are drying your hair. It doesn't seem super powerful but it gets your hair dried super quick. And it has super heat sensors that make sure it doesn't damage your hair. Can it really get any better than this guys? The only downfall is the $$$ price tag. It retails at $399!! Well, maybe Santa will treat me to one this year?? It's definitely on my holiday wish list. What's on yours?
I love perfume but wearing it all day is hard for me because the scents are sometimes too strong and bother me after a while. I have tried a million scents and these are my TOP 3 PICKS!
These are all light and crisp. They smell clean and fresh. Easy to wear all day long.
Bobbie Brown - Beach- I've been wearing this for a while now and I still love it. It's very light and reminds me of the beach. I've even heard it smells like sun block hence the name "Beach"!!!
Aerin - Mediterranean Honeysuckle - This is a new scent and may be hard to find. I have wanted to try it since I saw the ad's in the magazines over the summer. I recently was able to find it at the new Aerin counter at the Saks downtown in NYC. I love it and it's so light with a hint of sweetness.
I absolutely love these new hair accessories from Jen Atkin for Chloe and Isabel. Go to CleoNYC.com to see all the new products from Jen Atkin as well as shop the beautiful jewelry line by Chloe and Isabel.
Check out how I styled my new bun cuff. It's so fun and easy to wear. It works well to dress up even the simplest ponytail. And can make the super trendy half bun look even cooler.
There are so many great products that are really unique and stylish. I haven't seen anything like these and love being on the cutting edge of fashion! They are super chic and work on all hair types.
See how your favorite celebs are wearing theirs!
I have been wanting to try the matte lip trend for a while but was worried that the dark muted shades would make me look washed out. Well, on my recent shopping spree to Sephora (I bought way too much makeup!), I decided I'd try out some popular brands and here's what I found.
I noticed that the trending colors are dark, purplish and muted. However, most makeup brands are now offering an assortment of more wearable colors in there palette for fall. I loved all the nude shades and have tried a ton so you don't have to!
Here's are my top 3 pick:
- Stila - Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Bellissima (pale pink) & Caramel (nude with brownish undertones)- This was by far my favorite matte lip product. I wound up getting it in two shades. One is more of a muted neutral tone and the other is perfect for everyday natural looking color. It dries totally matte and lasts all day. I recommend touching it up with chapstick or lip balm through out the day (otherwise you'll get dry chapped looking lips). And it still looks great for most of the day once applied in the morning. Oh and it smells a bit sweet like caramel. Here's the link.
- Tarte - Tartiest Lip Paint in Namaste (nude)- The smell is minty and fresh. This product is easy to wear and goes on like a gloss but dries matte. The color lasts for a few hours but needs to be reapplied. I love the shades and the texture. I also recommend touching up with some chapstick or balm through out the day to avoid drying out your lips. Here's the link.
- Milk - Matte Quad (nude palette)- This product offers a lot of versatility however, the colors are very muted and are better for eye shadow. Using them as lip color is hard for everyday. However, the texture of this palette is amazing. Its so silky smooth and I love playing around with the color and seeing what I can create. You just use your finger to apply. It's fun and trendy however, I don't think this is something I'll be using in a few months from now. I do love the quality of the product and will be trying out some other Milk products soon! Here's the link.
Here is a step by step guide on how to make your hair look like you just walked out of an expensive salon! Use these 10 simple steps to make you look and feel fabulous in just minutes.
1. Wash and towel dry hair (Use a heat protecting cream)
2. Section the bottom and blow dry straight
3. Take top portion and blow dry each side
4. *If hair is curly use a flat iron to take out any frizz
5. Section the back/bottom of hair into two sections.
6. Take the left side and curl hair back & away from the face. Do the same for the right side
7. Section the two sides (*leaving the crown/top of hair for last)
8. Take the left side and curl hair back & away from the face. Do the same for the right side.
9. Take the remaining hair down and make a part. Section into two parts.
10. Curl the left side back & away from the face. Finish with doing the same to the right side.
It really is that simple!!
I normally do this at night and let the curl sit for a while and then sleep with it up in two Princess Leia buns so you are all set for the next day.
Leave any comments or questions below.
They work just as well as they smell.. and they smell AMAZING!!!
The smell may sell you on this product even before you use it but trust me you won't be disappointed with the results you will get.
I love this Heat Protecting Balm because I always blow dry and then curl my hair. My ends were looking a little rough and I knew I needed something to help them out. It really works on my dry hair.
I knew I wouldn't be curling my hair most of the trip to the Dominican and honestly most of the summer I left my hair more natural but with the help of this amazing Oribe Beach Waves product I could dry my hair like I normally do and just spray. It would leave my hair so shiny and smells so good. It doesn't leave your hair sticky and doesn't add too much wave like other products selling the beach wave look.
Keep your hair healthy and beautiful!
What products do you like?
I decided I would try this look because I was sick of having to do my hair again at night before dinner because after being out all day at the beach or just running around in the heat, my hair was a mess. And who has time to do their hair twice in one day?? NOT ME!!!
This look is really simple and can stand up to a hot beach day and last you all the way to a night out on the town. YES!! It's true... check out the easy step by step instructions below.
Here's how I did it:
- Part hair in the middle
- Brush hair into a sleek low ponytail
- Tie the ponytail on the nape of the neck with an elastic band
- Knot a long string around the elastic band to cover
- Braid hair incorporating the string into one of the sections
- Finish the braid with a neutral colored hair tie and wrap the remaining string around in a knot
- Spray hair with Oribe Shine Spray
If you know me, you’d know I LOVE body cream. I always ask for it for birthdays and Christmas but this time its not cream that caught my eye.
While on our Tulum trip I picked up a few amazing products I wanted to share. They aren’t just amazing they really are spectacular and unique. Check them out.. I even found the link so you can order yourself!
Hotel Esencia creates their own toiletry products that are simply divine. The hair products are tricky for me because I have color treated hair so I use specific color treated shampoo and conditioner but I did use them on my daughters long hair and they smelled and worked great. But for body I am up to try anything. On the first day staying here… the kids got very sun burned. Either old sun block or just the strong Mexican sun. Either way their skin was torched.
Not knowing where anything was we reached for the hotel Esencia body & hair oil. I rubbed the children down with it and immediately noticed the amazing smell and texture. It was so yummy and I couldn't wait to use it myself. The smells of avocado, aloe, lavender and eucalyptus made me feel exotic and the thick oil left my skin nourished from the drying suns rays and salty sea water. Its full of all natural ingredients. And has the most relaxing scent. You’ll feel like you just left the spa every time you use it.
I was so excited to find out that a larger bottle was available for sale at the hotels spa (which I heard was amazing and will definitely be checking out next time I visit this resort *fingers crossed!)
Next up was Banyan Tree.
I also fell in love with their unique toiletries. They even have a bag full of goodies in every bathroom. Our villa had three bathrooms so we stocked up!
Its a cute little black and white printed bag filled with everything you’d need to pamper yourself. But what struck me the most was the bath milk that the kids used the first night there. I filled the bath mid way and left them to soak and clean as I unpacked (they were still in eye sight!). But when I went over to get them out I noticed a really foggy looking bath. Not knowing what they put in I wasn’t very pleased. But after getting them to bed and showering myself I noticed this sensuous bath milk. It has this super sexy smell called Thai Chamanard. So this bath milk is essentially an oil. However once it touches water or your wet skin it turns into a smooth white milky liquid. Its almost like a science experiment!
Ever wonder how all those celebrities always look so wide eyed and awake? Well they have expert makeup artist that specialize in tricks to making them look that way. Don't be fooled.. they all wake up with dark circles just like all of us tired and overworked moms. Here are 5 SUPER quick and easy ways to make your eyes POP!
So grab your cup of joe and lets get started!
1. Visine: The most important step; don't let it scare you. Just get the basic redness reliever. A drop or two is all you need. Dab excess with a q-tip if necessary to dry the area.
2. White Eyeliner: Add a small gentle line along the lower water line of the eye. If you don't know where this is.. its the pink bit that separates the lashes and your eyeball. If you have never put eyeliner in this area, be brave and go for it. The results are worth it! I use Wet N'Wild.
3. Makeup Forever Full Coverage Concealer: Its amazing and really hides any dark circles or color irregularity. A small amount goes a long way. This concealer is the real deal. Add a dab to the top of your hand (the small area between your pointer and thumb). Take a small concealer brush and gentle brush it under your eyes and on your eye lids. Let dry for 30 seconds. Go back and blend adding more when necessary. You will begin to notice your eyes totally transforming. Here's what I use Makeup Forever.
4. White Shadow: Grab a medium blending eyeshadow brush (or if you are like most people any eyeshadow brush that you own will work just fine). Gently collect a small amount of the shadow on the brush. Start with the inner corners of the eye near your tear duct and work the product up toward the upper lid. Blending it on to the lid. Do this for both eyes. Then take your brush with the remaining eyeshadow on it and add a tiny bit of the white shadow to the outside lower lash line (think the area below the extended cat eye). Try this.
5. Mascara: For the fifth and final step add your favorite Mascara! Making sure to let dry and add at least two to three coats. This will help to really open the eyes and make them POP! SIZZLE! POP!
*You can also choose to add a little dark liner along your top lash line.