Brinkley, my 6 year old daughter was asking to dye Easter eggs weeks before spring had even sprung! What kid doesn't love dying Easter eggs, right?! Well, I knew I had to come up with another idea that would peak her festive & creative interest.
Make your own natural colored playdoh and paint them using food coloring and water.
What you'll need:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Lastly add 1 cup of warm water
- Combine all ingredients. Knead dough until it's no longer sticky
- Non-stick surface (we used a glossy placemat)
- Easter cookie cutters
- Food Dye to make paint (Add a few drops of dye to small bowl of luke warm water)
Kids love mixing and stirring things and feeling like they are doing it all on their own. So I pre-filled all the ingredients with the correct amount and left it to my daughter to make herself!
Then I layed out a few easter themed cookie cutters for her to make shapes with!
Finally, we made our own paint by adding some food coloring and water. She was able to paint and decorate them any way she liked!
Paint and enjoy the Easter Decor!
We let them dry over night and then presented them in an adorable basket! They preserved beautifully for weeks!