When you think of a perfect winter weekend you would probably imagine the whole family cozied up together; the children playing with snow globes and sipping hot cocoa while decorating the tree and a fire crackling in the background. Sounds amazing right? Well, I wanted to make sure that this was a reality for us this holiday season. Check out how we did it!
While my husband was stringing the lights on the tree (and untangling miles worth of tangled bulbs) I worked with the kids on this easy homemade snow globe craft. Here is how we made them... And you probably have all of these items floating around the house already!
- Start with a clean mason glass jar (or any glass jar from the recycling bin)
- Super Glue a small figurine to the inside of the lid (we used these adorable Elf on the Shelf ones!)
- Optional - add a small tree (I found these at Target)
- Then sprinkle the glitter and snowflakes into the empty glass jar
- Add water almost ALL the way to the top (optional- use glycerin for a thicker liquid)
- When the super glue holding down the figurines is completely dry you will turn the lid upside down and submerge the figurine and secure the cap.
- Optional but recommended- Add a small amount of super glue around the edges of the cap before securing. This will help to avoid any little fingers from possibly opening the jar and causing a major leak!