"Welcome home" is how you are greeted upon arriving in the stunning lobby of the eco friendly Dreams Resort & Spa in Tulum, Mexico part of the Mayan Riviera. I know this because I was fortunate enough to be invited to an Influencer Getaway (AKA Girls Trip!) with team Mom Trends and a curated bunch of the most amazing woman influencers around (Girl Power to it's finest!) to test drive some amazing swimwear, soak up the sun and enjoy all that this family friendly all-inclusive resort has to offer. Not only geared toward the kids, this resort makes everyone feel welcome from honeymoon suites to live outdoor music to relaxing yoga on the beach.
I'll be sharing all the deets from this exciting trip and exactly why I will return!
If you follow my social media, you have seen a glimpse of the fun! So, I'll be sharing all the details here and WARNING: this may make you all want to book your tickets, like tonight! So read on if you are ready for a trip to paradise... Because Dreams Resort & Spa was just what I needed after this winter and I am sure you can all relate.
Hola, paradise is calling! Lets just say I answered this call loud and clear.
It's not often a mom of three gets to take a girls trip and when this opportunity came up to visit the breathtaking Dreams Resort in Tulum, Mexico, I had no choice but to accept.
This has been a long winter, period. Anyone on the East Coast can vouch for that. It's now almost May and we are still in winter coats in NYC. So, needless to say I grabbed a few of my favorite swimsuits, a chic little boho hat, my passport and hailed the closest taxi with a few of the other woman influencers and off we went!
Arriving in Mexico gave me life. Feeling the warm breeze as we walked through the spectacular grand lobby to the balcony overlooking stunning views of the property. With ocean views in the distance and a beautifully landscaped garden pathway leading you straight to the main pool located on a private stretch of the Caribbean Sea. This award winning resort has unlimited modern affordable luxury because everything is included. Score!!
We checked in and I was escorted to my very own Garden View Suite with balcony. They offer many options in their 432 room resort. Even featuring an adults only section with private pool. I may not have needed all this extra space for this trip but I wasn't complaining. Plus, now I know we can come back with the whole family.
Dreams Resort welcomed us with a spectacular surf and turf dinner at the Seaside Grill roof terrace. The all inclusive resort features 9 dining options throughout the property. With international cuisine and 6 a-la-carte options, a buffet, a grill, a cafe' and a swim up bar called the Manatees. Not to mention the 7 bars and 24 hour room service. Did I forget to mention no reservations needed?!! We ate, we sipped margaritas and watched the sun go down. It was so lovely catching up with some of the ladies and also meet and chat with some of the influencers I haven't met before. Getting into the vibes of the resort was so relaxing and it set the tone for the rest of our stay.
Which started the next morning with the delicious green juice and buffet breakfast at the El Patio restauant. It wasn't long before we all landed poolside for some sun and relaxation. Did I mention picture perfect frozen tropical cocktails? Well, yea there were tons of those too! There are two pools, one is the main pool with the show stopping white stucco bridge and that vacation must have swim-up bar adorned with 4 adult size swings! But we opted for the pristine deep blue jewel toned tile pool with private cabanas. After lunch we headed to the Preferred Club Beach for a little dip in the ocean. Learn more about what the Perferred Club has to offer.
After this much needed downtime I opted for a little walk around the property. I just love exploring and seeing everything that the resort has to offer. I checked out the numerous gift shops, the kids club and teen club and as I wondered back toward the main area of the resort I stubbled upon a life-size chess board nestled in the garden. Which lead me back toward the main area of the resort where a bunch of fellow beach goers were gathering around a small stone dome hut to experience a Mayan Cleansing Ritual.
My day didn't end here, all the influencers and I gathered later that evening for a magical night of tequila tasting, local market shopping, live music and the evening ended with a live aquatic dance perfomance. It was truly memorable.
Trying to soak up every second we woke up early the next morning to enjoy our final day. We squeezed everything we could into our relaxing stay but here is why I will return! Yes, my husband and I have been discussing a family trip here in December!
10 Reasons I'll be Returning to Dreams Tulum:
1. Affordable Luxury - No matter who you are traveling with, this resort has thought of it all and won't blow your budget. With an adults only section to family friendly suites and with affordable room rates, fast and easy food options not to mention two main pools just yards from the beautiful sandy beach, makes it easy for anyone to enjoy. Check out the picture of my suite which had a king size bed, step down to this lounge area as well as a beautiful private deck. For larger families they offer a recently renovated Hacienda Suite. Dreams Resort & Spa Tulum.
2. Unique & Memorable Experiences- Dreams offers fun and unique one-of-a-kind experiences like tequila tastings and nighttime Mexican market in the main area of the hotel for some local shopping. Live evening performances featuring aquatic water and fire dances. The fun is endless and can accommodate all your need whether exclusive & romantic to fun for the whole family! Inquire for more details. Here Megan Zietz and I are having fun with a giant sombrero! Find out more about their activities and entertainment.
3. Location- Tulum is such a popular place to visit for a reason. Dreams is just minutes from the Mayan Ruins and must see boho town. So much to do and see. I can't wait to check out the local Cenote Tour. All excursions can be booked with the resorts' concierge.
4. Mayan Rituals- Experience the culture with the mystical TEMAZCAL an herbal steam bath. This spiritual ritual is lead by a shaman or healer. It's believed to heal ailments and improve your health. I could definitely use that! Here is the hut where the ritual takes place every Thursday evening at 5pm. Scroll down for all the info and details.
5. Kids Club & Teen Club- The Explorer's Club is for ages 3-12 year olds who want to enjoy a little time off the sandy beach for some exciting water slides, rock climbing wall, trampoline and tons of crafts. This is included in the Ultimate Luxury package and parents can be contacted with complimentary cellphones or pagers. I know my kids would love this place! Situated off the beaten path in what I like to call it's own little jungle. For older kids they have the Core Zone Teen Club with supervised activities. A place to meet new friends and enjoy sports and games and nightly social events. Here is picture of the water structure in the Explorer Club with shaded tables for eating and creating. Explorer's Club & Teen Club.
6. Spa- You all know I love to make my own anything and this spa has a place to make your own spa products from local Mayan plants and herbs. Then bring it back to your outdoor palapa for a relaxing massage or scrub. They offer couples massages, facials and body treatments. As well as a kiddie spa with strawberry facials and chocolate body wraps. My daughter would love that! Dreams Resort World Class Spa.
7. Private Dinner- A dinner to remember on the Sunset Terrace can be arrange at an extra fee. Perfect for more of a private dining experience. Watch as the sun goes down while enjoying the tropical breeze in elegance. They offer many private dining options like dinner on the beach to making your own cocktail mixing class and even a private dining experience in your suite! They even have romantic spots too... Just ask and they have a option that you and your guests will absolutely love. Vacations are all about making memories and experiencing special evenings like this. Check out this view! Dining at Dreams Tulum.
8. Luxury Options- Upgrade your stay with Preferred Club a higher level of luxury. With upgraded suits, access to a private lounge and beach section. With tons of extra enhanced amenities. Here Lara is enjoying the private beach area with it's own bar and concierge team. Also, the shady cabanas are a must for anyone looking to have relief from the sun. Click here and scroll down for all the info.
9. Water Sports & Activities- Yoga on the beach to chartering your own boat for the day, they have it all. I can't wait to check out the snorkeling next time we are there and I have always wanted to try paddle boarding. I know the boys will want a fishing day and if you visit July- December you can watch the baby sea turtles hatch and take their first steps into the water. Check out the girls on a kayak! For more info about these activities and more.
10. Convenience & Ease- Meals are easy, pools & beach location are just steps from your room. Also, included is a jungle gym on the beach adjacent to the main pool and Barefoot Grill. Talk about convience! This makes a mom's life so much easier! Maybe making time for that much deserved tropical cocktail?! Below is the swim up Manatee Bar. Did I mention they have adult size swings?! How fun... Click here to explore more!
Paradise awaits! Don't wait check out DreamsResorts.com... Your trip is calling you!
*This is a sponsored post but all opinions are my own.