Let me save you a ton of money on this idea!
Check out this 1st Birthday Signature plate that we made ourselves at home for Brent's 1st birthday party. These same plates sell for $30 or more online. But by simply doing it yourself can save you a ton! Plus it's way more fun.
Here is what you'll need:
- 1 ceramic white plate about 10" round (Michaels makes this amazing kit)
- Acrylic Paint (Crayola) or use colors from the kit
- soft medium size paint brush or a sponge will work too
- 1 paper plate
- wet paper towel
- Sharpie Marker (Don't let the kids get there hands on this!!)
- Make sure the plate is clean and dry
- put a small amount of paint on a paper plate
- brush the paint on the kids hands or feet (it tickles a little!)
- place their hands/feet directly onto the plate (may smear a little but it's ok!!)
- put the plate somewhere safe to dry
- wash the hands/feet immediately with the wet towel
This is so simple and personalized! Everyone will be excited to sign it and your child will have this amazing keep sake forever. Share your party ideas below or tag us in your next DIY signature plate post!