I love playdoh and I always let my kids make a mess and have fun with it. It really keeps them entertained for so long and just seeing them being creative and "in the zone" really inspires me.
This season I wanted to do something fun for them!
I was at a tree trimming party with my daughter and they were serving hot cocoa in these adorable glass mugs. When we got home, it hit me, why don't we make this out of playdoh!
Here's how we created this fun and nostalgic holiday season drink; marshmallows included!
Here is what you'll need:
- Flour, Salt, Cream of Tarter, Food Dye, Vegetable oil, Essential oil or natural scent, small glass mugs, glitter (optional), hot water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- teaspoon cream of tarter
- tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a separate bowl, combine:
- 1 cup of hot water
- 20 drops of essential oil or natural scent
- 1/8 teaspoon - 1/2 teaspoon food dye (add as much as needed for desired color)
- Pour the liquid into the flour mixture and combine (add more scent and/or color as desired)
- Stir and kneed dough until totally combined
- Do this in seperate bowls for the chocolate and the marshmellow
- *Add a few shakes of glitter to the marshmallow dough
- Layer the chocolate scented dough into the small mug or jar
- Then top with a small amount of the marshmallow dough
- Cover and store (this will last up to 2 months if covered properly or for ultimate freshness store in the refrigerator)
We wanted our chocolate dough to smell really super chocolatey so we added a few more drops of the essential oil! Add as much or little as you like!
To finish, add a holiday ribbon and label for a cute little gift for friends! The kids will love playing with this.. watch their faces light up when they open and smell the sweet scents. I know a lot of kids love to eat playdoh so make sure they don't eat it! It doesn't taste as good as it smells... Trust me!