There are many holiday's that the kids have off from school. But this President's Day, make time to teach them by having them do a fun DIY Craft dedicated to educating them about what this holiday really stands for.
Washington's Birthday, or better known as President's Day, happens every year on the 3rd Monday of February. It's to honor the first president of the United States, George Washington. However, it's to honor and remember all the presidents.
I wanted to make sure that my kids understood the importance of this day and to recognize that it is not just a day off from school but a day where we look at the history of our nation.
My older son, Brycen, really loves the presidents and probably knows more than I do about them and when they served. Studying can be fun and here is how we will be celebrating this President's day with this fun DIY craft of all the American Presidents.
Here is what you'll need:
- Paper (preferably card stock or something durable but not too thick)
- Glue Stick
- Print out of the American Presidents
- Puzzle print out
- Kid scissors
How to make it:
- Start by taking your puzzle print out
- Glue the puzzle design on the back of your card stock or cardboard
- Then take your Presidents Print out and have them glue it to the front
- Let them cut the puzzle shapes out
- Spend time having them remake there puzzle
- Ask them questions about the presidents (Try this Fun Fact Page by mistergworld.com)