Maria's son Maziyar, is in the same class with Brinkely and the two of us met at lunch duty at the kids school. We immediately connected because of the kids but also because she has a sweet and generous sense about her. She always takes care of Brinkley when she's around her and she is just a very caring person. The more we got to know each other the more I noticed myself asking Maria for advice regarding treating the kids. I wanted to know her opinion. There are so many options out there for treatments that are homeopathic. Maria treats eczema, headaches, migraines, ADHD, anxieties, panic attacks, recurring infections (lungs ears etc), hormonal imbalances, digestive issues and so many more.
With the flu season approaching I started asking Maria her thoughts on the flu shot. I am always unsure about giving it to the kids and myself. It seems that there are so many different strains of the flu that it's not guaranteed that the flu shot will guard you against all of them. I am not against giving the flu shot and am still considering it but whether or not you choose to have the vaccine or not, here are some great ways to stay healthy during the cooler months.
Maria's tips for boosting you immune system & staying healthy:
- First it is important to make sure you are well hydrated and eat healthy food and cut out processed food as much as we can.
- Manage gut flora by taking a good probiotic and drinking kefir (preferably unsweetened).
- Find ways to manage stress (eg, exercise, meditation etc)
- Use Homeopathy to strengthen your constitution and reduce your individual susceptibilities (i.e. genetic disposition).
- Increase vitamin C & D intake during the cold months
- If you come down with a cold or flue, take extra Zinc for a week (be careful not to overdose)
- Golden Seed Echinacea tincture available at whole foods can be great support for for flue and colds
- Tribeca Homeopathy also sells acute remedy kits (that comes with 36 homeopathic remedies) for self prescribing at home for minor ailments (Not life threatening).
*Obviously for any life threatening situations you must go straight to ER
or dial 911.
- If you have never been well since a traumatic stressful event or surgery/injury, abuse or never been well since mono, homeopathy can help bring balance back to your system. To learn more about Homeopathy & what Homeopathy is, click here!
The good thing about homeopathic medicine is that it does not interfere with conventional treatment and can be taken along side for extra support to speed up healing process.
Click here for more words from Maria!